How to migrate my networked-database?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey Server and learn about the newest builds.

Moderators: drakinite, Gurus

Kodijack

How to migrate my networked-database?

Post by Kodijack »

Cheers!

I currently have my library set up to be on a server and every song having its location in URI-format.
So the DB is on e.g.
\\server\path\mm-database\mm5.db

and songs are on e.g.
\\musicserver\music\artist\album\song.flac

So I just changed MM's INI to relocate the database from local to network. Works wonderful for years now and my
big library isn't dependant on my local machine and I can share it with my wife.

Now I wanted to test the SERVER-Version, but it always wants to SYNC all "local" data to a new location, which is the same server. Which would a) take years and b) is not neccessary.
It basically only needs to sync the playlists, not the files itself.
How can I archieve that? I tried to use the mm5.db as mms.db but that obviously didn't work.

Thanks guys!
Peke

Re: How to migrate my networked-database?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is a known issue we are trying to figure out what to actually do and how to best approach.

I am in same boat, I would use MMS to act as DLNA/UPnP server and to sync multiple devices from family members. Only thing that was needed is to import locall DB and allocate Correct paths based on UNC paths eg. from "\\musicserver\music\artist\album\song.flac" to "/share/music/artist/album/song.flac" or depends on NAS OS to "/share/HDA_DATA/music/artist/album/song.flac"

Unfortunately for now MMS is not capable to do that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Haven't tried it by myself, but maybe https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -of-files/ is capable to do change the paths?

Otherwise you could try the SQL Addon.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Peke

Post by Peke »

Andre_H wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:51 pm Haven't tried it by myself, but maybe https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -of-files/ is capable to do change the paths?

Otherwise you could try the SQL Addon.
Libraries have different structure.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kodijack

Post by Kodijack »

Peke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:49 pm Unfortunately for now MMS is not capable to do that.
Ah, thanks Peke! At least it's not me unable to figure the stuff out :-)
I came so late to MMS (totally missed it), it doesn't matter now if it takes a bit longer lol