Column Filter not resizable [#19725]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TIV73

Column Filter not resizable [#19725]

Post by TIV73 »

Hi,
in version 5.0.4.2690 (both the debug build and release build) there is an issue that prevents the column filter from being resized. See this video.

In the video I'm try resizing the column on the Entire Library node, which works fine. Then I'm creating a custom view which contains only a couple tracks - I'm doing that so I'm able to better control the number of tracks, but the view or the filter doesn't have any impact on this.
In the new view I'm also properly able to resize the column filter, once enabled. But as soon as I remove most tracks, the height of the panel is locked to a certain maximum value and can not be increased beyond that.

I'm not 100% sure but it seems to happen when all tracks in the current view fit on a single screen without having to display a scrollbar. It also may depend on the screen resolution and/or scaling factor, on my 1440p screen the maximum height is higher than on my 1080p screen. The used skin also seems to be a factor, the maximum height for the material design is higher than the maximum height for Monkey Groove (and skins based on monkey groove like code monkey).

In the video it doesn't look like a problem since you can see all items, but the issue is that the maximum column filter height is unrelated to the number of items that can be filtered, see this video. And in some cases it can become completely unusable, see here.
Peke

Re: Column Filter not resizable

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I was able to replicate, added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19725

For me it behaves same on all skins, so not skin dependable and I also have 1200p (16:10) resolution too so not res related.

THX for report.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts