4.1.31.1919 Settings for "Windows Media compatible device d_WMDM.dll" lost on device detection

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

chrisjj

4.1.31.1919 Settings for "Windows Media compatible device d_WMDM.dll" lost on device detection

Post by chrisjj »

Using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

1 On Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync, "Windows Media compatible device d_WMDM.dll" > Configure > Options > File locations, change Music: to TEST.

https://i.imgur.com/f2gxvc5.png

2 Click OK
3 Connect a WMDM (MTP) device.
4 Click Search, click Portable Device Sync (to refresh the device list) and verify "Windows Media compatible device d_WMDM.dll" has changed to "<device name> d_WMDM.dll".
5 Click Configure > Options > File locations, and inspect Music

Expected: "Music: TEST"

Observed: change is lost - Music: has reverted to installation default:

https://i.imgur.com/B9bXMIu.png

Note: Not yet in Mantis.
Chris
Lowlander

Re: 4.1.31.1919 Settings for "Windows Media compatible device d_WMDM.dll" lost on device detection

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 4 is no longer being developed, MediaMonkey 5 is the current release.
chrisjj

Re: 4.1.31.1919 Settings for "Windows Media compatible device d_WMDM.dll" lost on device detection

Post by chrisjj »

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

I want to these settings to persist, i.e. I want the previously made settings to remain when the device is detected.

Thanks.
Chris
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No, default device settings are used on new device detection, there is no way to preserve that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Peke wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:30 pm No, default device settings are used on new device detection, there is no way to preserve that.
Thanks. So, what is the purpose of these settings before device detection?
Chris
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It was bug in MM4 because you could not remove last WMDM device from list and users complained that they can't delete old device from list. We redesigned that in MM5 so that it is more clear and easily found.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Thanks.
Chris