Can't disable internal storage sync on Samsung S10

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

Can't disable internal storage sync on Samsung S10

Post by terryo »

MMA always tries to sync the S10 internal storage. Under Options>Sync settings>Internal storage, the gear icon initiates a sync to MMW. There is no option to disable this sync.

Searching the web, I found a reference to "disable Internal Device Profile" but no explanation of where this is or how to do it. I still want to sync the SD card, so I'm not sure this reference is relevant.

I only have this problem on my Samsung S10. On both of my tablets (Tab A & Tab S6 Lite), the Options>Sync settings>Internal storage icon opens a menu page displaying the "Sync to this location" (which I disabled on both). The phone is my only device that won't do anything but sync to the internal storage.
Lowlander

Re: Can't disable internal storage sync on Samsung S10

Post by Lowlander »

You can do this in MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW), right click on the device under Devices & Services in MMW5 and select disabled.

In MMA2 go to Settings > Library & Sync and click the gear icon for the internal memory at which point you're able to disable it.
terryo

Post by terryo »

Wow, that skips the arcane step I missed. First I have to let the internal storage sync to MMW in order to see the options you describe for the phone.

After I follow your steps, the phone still works differently than the tablets.

In MMW, I delete the internal storage for the tablets, which I never use for music. I don't have to think about them anymore. It's like they don't exist.

If I delete the internal storage in MMW for the phone, it persists in giving me a "since this is your first time..." message every time I do a sync.

So you're going to tell me I need to leave the useless and disabled internal storage sync link for the phone in MMW. Why just for the phone?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you need to leave it disabled to not have MediaMonkey create a new Device Profile.