Skins

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Imaohw

Skins

Post by Imaohw »

MM v 4.1.31.1919

I recently upgraded to win 10 (clean install). Tried MM5, but not impressed, so I'm running the above referenced.

All of the skins I've used for years (and got from the add on page here) use the .msz ext. The skins I just downloaded, however, use .mmip (including my skin files previously downloaded in .msz). MM options/skins sees the msz files I copied to my user/appdata dir, but not the mmip.

How are these mmip files used?

Also, as an aside, is this version of MM known to have bugs? The app seems to "flash" a bit when loading up, and changing skins somehow crashes the program (well...shuts it down, really). It starts up again, but weird. It could be something with the system, but if this version has issues, I could just use an earlier version.

Thanks for any help.
Lowlander

Re: Skins

Post by Lowlander »

Imaohw

Post by Imaohw »

That did it. Thank you.

Any take on the flashing (kind of a 'blinking' when it loads)? I think it may be due to either my VC drivers or win 10, but could be the MM version, I guess. Didn't happen in win 10 (mm 4.1.19).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, MediaMonkey 4 is no longer being developed, so there's no troubleshooting for this.
Imaohw

Post by Imaohw »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:11 am No, MediaMonkey 4 is no longer being developed, so there's no troubleshooting for this.
I'll figure that part out. Thanks for the help with the skins.