Default Action Not Performing as Expected

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MyVikes

Default Action Not Performing as Expected

Post by MyVikes »

Default actions does not seem to work as of late. If i set the action to "Play now" and the "Default 'Play now' Action" to "Play selected files only" it will add all the files to the queue and start the first song versus just the album that i doubled clicked on.
Lowlander

Re: Default Action Not Performing as Expected

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce on MediaMonkey 5.0.4. Only the selected file I double click on starts playing or the selected file(s) play when using right click Play Now.

Are you sure you've not set a custom option for Default 'Play Now' action under Tools > Options > Playback rules?
MyVikes

Post by MyVikes »

UGH....i just read your suggestion and i did have the incorrect option in Options/Player/Playback rules (too many places in Options to impact the same feature :-(). But that said below is what i'd typed up before hand and still seems odd to me but "possibly" represents a non-issue. :-)

So let me clarify that i was double clicking on album art. So this is very odd as i experimented further.
  1. Now if i double click on a song in the file listing the entire list moves into the playlist and the song i double clicked starts.
  2. But i discovered if i clear the playlist and then double click on the album art or a song it performs as i would expect in that it clears the playlist and starts the playing the first song.
  3. BUT, if i close MM5 and there are songs in the playlist when i reopen MM5 then double clicking an albums art or a song reverts to the problem i originally reported which is the same as #1 above.
And right clicking the album art or a song does work as i would expect by clearing the playlist and starting the album/song but i prefer to use the double click method. :D

I am able to recreate this problem on my development and primary machines.

I hope this helps you recreate the problem with MM5 v5.0.4.2690.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MyVikes wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:52 am Playback rules (too many places in Options to impact the same feature :-()
I created https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19719 for addressing this.

I am unable to recreate 1. if correctly set.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts