sync playlists from android to windows

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Ocsig

sync playlists from android to windows

Post by Ocsig »

I had to reinstall Windows and didn't back up my MM files. I have all my music in MM but my playlists are gone.

I have all my playlists on MMA (Pixel 3). I have synced several times, and the playlists are not being sent to the PC. How do I send them to my computer?

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: sync playlists from android to windows

Post by Lowlander »

Did you enable the option in the Device Profile in MMW to 'Auto-Sync new files and playlists from the device to the PC' in the Auto-Sync (--> Library) tab?
shanepar

Post by shanepar »

I did. Should the Destination of this file from the Auto-Sync (-->Library) be into the main MM folder (Program Files), the (AppData) folder with the large MM database, or a different folder?

Thanks,
Shane
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Destination doesn't matter. Playlists are in the database, so they're not saved to the PC. The Destination would be used for any media files synced from device to PC, so it should be where you store your media files.

Which version of MMA and MMW are you using and are you doing a USB or wifi Sync?
Moviesbc

Post by Moviesbc »

Ocsig wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:40 pm I had to reinstall Windows and didn't back up my MM files. I have all my music in MM but my playlists are gone.

I have all my playlists on MMA (Pixel 3). I have synced several times, and the playlists are not being sent to the PC. How do I send them to my computer?

Thanks

I am bumping this because I am having the exact same issue. I have latest versions of both MMA and MMW's and I am syncing via wifi. I have wanted to sync all of the playlists that I have on my Android phone (Note 10 plus) back to the library on MMW so both are identical but they just simply don't; the only things that sync are the music files themselves.

I have searched this forum for workarounds for this issue and everything that's been recommended I have tried as far as settings in both (mma and mmw) are concerned. What am I missing?
shanepar

Post by shanepar »

I moved the destination and synced a couple of times and the playlists from my device are still not getting to the PC. I created an auto-playlist, and it syncs to the device.
I am using MMA Version 1.4.1.0937 and MM Version 4.1.30.1914
shanepar

Post by shanepar »

Any ideas? Still no playlists in the Windows MediaMonkey.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you manually created playlists on MMA?

I Just tested MMA -> MM4/MM5 where in Device profile I have checked Auto-Sync new files from device to PC and when i copy file using windows explorer and create new playlist in MMA I get prompt to import it into MMW/MM5.

Can you please confirm.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Moviesbc

Post by Moviesbc »

Thanks for the reply:

I had originally made these playlists on MMW on my older Windows PC with an up to date version of Media Monkey. The external hard drive that was attached to my pc's usb port got messed up so I had to transfer all of my media from my phone to a new hard drive. In the process I also purchased a new Chrome Book. So with everything in place I transfered, or at least attempted to transfer, all of my files from my phone to my new laptop through MMA.

The transfer went great. The only thing to not transfer over were the playslists from MMA to MMW. Again, the playlists were originally created on MMW.

On my phone, under the SD Card settings I have:

'Sync to this location' selected as well as 'Auto Sync device content'.

The strange thing is that under Sync to this location I have the Music and Playlists tab (I don't use podcasts, etc so everything else is disabled) and when I click on Playlists I don't have my own created playlists there to sync back to MMW. The only playlists that appear are the stock Media Monkey ones (ie. Accessible tracks, Favorites -Top 50, etc.) When I back out and make it to the main screen of MMA under the main Playlists tab all of my created playlists are not only visible but they also play.

I just want to be able to transfer these playlists to MMW so whenever I want to add songs to them from my pc I can easily transfer them back to my phone. Thanks in advance.
shanepar

Post by shanepar »

My problem is the same as Moviesbc. I have the playlists on my phone, but can't get them on the computer. When I create a new playlist on the phone and sync, I get the prompt to sync it with MMW and it works. It's like the other 10 old playlists aren't there. I have tried removing songs from an old playlist and renaming the playlist to make it trigger like a newly created one, but neither change made any difference.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tested on three devices and in MMW/MM5 when I have these settings any playlist created on device is synced back to PC.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Moviesbc

Post by Moviesbc »

Peke wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:18 am Hi,
I tested on three devices and in MMW/MM5 when I have these settings any playlist created on device is synced back to PC.
Any playlist that I create on MMA that I then try to sync with MMW sync's back to the server; that isn't the issue at least not for me. My issue is previous playlists that I had created on MMW/4 that I had synced to MMA that are still on my phone and play perfectly there I can't sync back to the pc. Remember the issue with me was that I upgraded PC's and when I tried syncing these playlists back onto my new pc, it never gives me the option to select these playlists that are already on my phone's sd card to send back to my pc/MMW.
Last edited by Moviesbc on Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
shanepar

Post by shanepar »

Peke,

Thanks for looking into this!

Moviesbc and I are still in the same boat. When I create a new playlist in MMW and/or MMA, everything gets synced correctly to both devices.

My problem is also that I have 11 playlists on my phone that were created before I had to reinstall MMW and they won't sync with MMW.

Thanks
warreng5995

MMA will not sync Existing Playlists to MMW

Post by warreng5995 »

I have had MM 5 since it was released. I just installed MMW 5 onto my laptop, as I wanted all my music and playlists on there. When I sync my android over wifi, all the music transfered. But my EXISTING Playlists will not.

If I create a Brand New playlist on my phone, then perform a sync. THEN it will ask me if I want to sync that Brand New playlist, and after the sync it will show "Uploaded 1 Playlist". And that playlist appears in MMW. But it never shows or asks about all/any of my other pre-existing playlists.

ALSO if I delete that same Brand New Playlist from MMW, then go to my android and sync again, It Does Not Sync (or even ask) that Brand New playlist a 2nd time. It will only work if I create yet Another Brand New Playlist.

This makes No Sense. I've tried many times, going through different settings and etc. But the fact that it will sync a Brand New Playlist shows me that the settings are correct. I just don't understand why my Pre-Existing Playlists won't sync. Nor will it sync a playlist that was previously removed from MMW.

Further from my search on here, I am not the first one to have this issue. As is shown in thread from Dec 2020
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=97886

This needs fixed asap.
Lowlander

Re: MMA will not sync Existing Playlists to MMW

Post by Lowlander »

Which Builds of MMA and MMW (Help > About) are you using for Sync?