Origin.X Skin v.1.0 (20-09-12)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

catbehemoth

Re: Origin.X Skin v.1.0 (20-09-12)

Post by catbehemoth »

@CoachUK

Win7, 64bit, Origin.X Extreme
a found something which i believe some sort of a glitch, causing my second row of buttons (playlist, shuffle and EQ). If you move the player to a different place, the second row gets offset depending where you move it. I'm not sure what the problem is.
Few examples:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33834442/Clipboard01.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33834442/Clipboard02.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33834442/Clipboard03.jpg

Thanks for the skin again, very good work.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@ catbehemoth
Thanks for the images. It's not actually a glitch with the skin but with MM's way of handling odd size players. If you resize the player on the top or bottom edges, the player can be restored to it's intended dimensions and that will also bring the buttons back into place. It's the same principle as what happens when you move a 'standard' strip player into another panel, the body may be resized beyond it's intended dimensions and the buttons and other skinned elements (e.g. volume controls, etc.) will be distorted. The only way for me to prevent this from happening is to make the player size totally fixed. The down side to that is that when you move the player it won't be able to take up any extra usable space in the panel it's been placed and looks odd, which most user's don't want.

Hope this makes sense.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Hi CoachUK

Sorry ,please don't take it wrong.
But buttons and timedisplay positions can be fix simply by setting the Resizable line to Resizable=1,1,0,0
(same as the prev,play,next buttons)

for the player itself you can try this "Resizable=1,0,0,0"

or you can defined resizable blank backgrounds on bottom and right side,
and player is just a right side object.
like this the player would just displays one time.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Yep dreadm i have seen this same issue since mm3 got the float player, it was just in that float player for me though, never seen it in the main player, but coachuk is right there is something strange with odd sized skins, last i found was the main mm ini file had a player x & y code in a section and it changes the players ini that is included with the skins made for odd sizes, i found it is messing with main player in moving the player ini postioned items, it does it more on the float players that are odd sized but it doesnt touch the small micro player i use.

It was fixed by rusty a long time ago but since then some one of the developers either put it back to the way it causes the error, or they didnt fix it in their version they updated, and when they sent in a update for rusty to add in the error was put back in.

Its been there since i got mm4 vr..0.0.0 beta just like that white side of the float player.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I'm into dark themes and I haven't found anything that really wows me (I've seen and tried many of them).
Currently I'm using Metro because it's the closest to an overall look and feel that I want.

I came across this one and I'm really diggin' the way it looks overall, "could this be the one?".

I'm interested in the first Origin.X. I love the sizing/proportion of elements and the dark black
look of the frame. However, I can't stand the grey/bluish looking middle area/pane borders, etc. .
Is there a way to make it all the "same" black as the frame without getting into skin editors :roll: and such?

Do these even still work in the current MM version.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm interested in the first Origin.X. I love the sizing/proportion of elements and the dark black
look of the frame. However, I can't stand the grey/bluish looking middle area/pane borders, etc. .
Is there a way to make it all the "same" black as the frame without getting into skin editors and such?
Have you seen the OSW8 skins? Might be what you are looking for.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@MMFrLife...No, you would need to replace all the graphic elements to achieve this.
..................Yes, they still work with the current MM.

@rrfpacker...Thanks, I'll have to put you on a sales commission.... :D
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

CoachUK wrote: @rrfpacker...Thanks, I'll have to put you on a sales commission.... :D
I'm open to offers. :D