Unknown in File Manager

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Unknown in File Manager

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I have five Meghan Trainor albums. In MM5, they appear where they should and in Explorer all five appear where they should. In MMA they all appear where they should. The anomaly is in a File Manager, they latest album appears in the "Unknown" artist folder? It seems no changes I make change this? Both the "Artist" and "Album Artist" tags are filled in as they should.
I have done syncs in MM5 and [WiFi in ] MMA just to be sure?
Lowlander

Re: Unknown in File Manager

Post by Lowlander »

Is the Unknown folder supposed to be Album Artist, Artist or Album, or maybe another tag? Sync won't move files by default after they've been Synced incorrectly in the past: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Locations
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

It seems like one way to solved this is to remove the album in MM5 from both the database and file folder. Now, this should just remove the music via a WiFi Sync in MMA?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

By default files deleted from MMW won't be deleted from the device on Sync. If you want go the deletion route you could remove them from MMA and then resync.

Enabling the enforce mask for files already on the device option should fix the folder name on resync.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:30 pm By default files deleted from MMW won't be deleted from the device on Sync. If you want go the deletion route you could remove them from MMA and then resync.

Enabling the enforce mask for files already on the device option should fix the folder name on resync.
Well, I did what I said above and did a Rescan is MM5. The WiFi Sync in MMA did remove the album in "Unknown". I added the album back in MM5. Rescan. WiFi Sync in MMA put the album where it should have been in the first place [Artist folder].