Constant crashing and force closures [#19665]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: Constant crashing and force closures

Post by Peke »

Klotar wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:55 pm 2.0 is out! Rotate issue fixed, new look! :)
THX for update, keep us posted on any issues.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Klotar

Post by Klotar »

While I do not get the constant crashing any more since the 2.0 update, I will still get the occasional crash from the currently playing music now playing screen when I turn it from portrait to landscape. It may not crash entirely but it will send a bug report and stop playing. However, unlike before, upon restarting the music (which will start at the beginning of the song), it will then not crash after repeated portrait to landscape flips.

It does not come up often enough to report it as a bug. I'll see if I can figure out how to duplicate consistently (which I currently cannot).

=====

Update: Okay, I can duplicate it. First, I close MMA if it's already running by using the app switcher and closing. Open MMA, play a song BUT play the song from a Playlist, NOT from Music node*. After the music starts playing, turn phone to landscape. MMA does not crash completely, but the music stops and it goes to the Nodes(?) screen (and shows the stopped song at the bottom). If you choose to play from here and maximize to currently playing again, it will not crash even with repeated portrait/landscape switches.

*if you play the song from the Music node, it will NOT crash from the Playing view even with repeated portrait/landscape switches.

Summary: if song is started from the Music node, it will not crash/stop if turned to landscape from the Playing view; neither the first time nor subsequent. If song is started from a Playlist, it will crash the first time the device is turned to landscape but will not crash after that if song is restarted.

Hope that makes sense, sorry for the poor terminology. Version is 2.0.0.1054 (MediaMonkey Pro).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I can reproduce with those steps, added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19665
sixties

Re: Constant crashing and force closures [#19665]

Post by sixties »

I'm on MM for Android 1.4.4.0956 and MM Pro version 2.0.0023 and version 2 has not fixed the problem for me. Auto switching from portrait to landscape causes crash report to be sent and music stops playing. I'm currently on Android 13. Hope this bug gets fixed soon!
Best wishes
Terry
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You just upgraded MMA PRO to v2.0 you also need to update normal MMA to v2.0 Beta with ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Become Beta tester.
Best regards,
Peke
wpwilder

Post by wpwilder »

yeah i gave up. i paid for pro and it has been flawless for me until now. im just going to download a free but different app that works. 🤷‍♂️
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
wpwilder wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:03 pm yeah i gave up. i paid for pro and it has been flawless for me until now. im just going to download a free but different app that works. 🤷‍♂️
So sad to hear that, MMA 1.x was made for older Android OS, based on user feedback that say MMA 2.0 is well worth to and it is the right moment for update, especially as it is very near its release.
Best regards,
Peke
Paul-Monkey

Post by Paul-Monkey »

How do i get 2.0??? it's not in the android store?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

mephiska

Post by mephiska »

Hi, since the latest version MM(2.0.0.1073) is crashing all the time, I need to close the app(in background) and start over again.
I use a lot to classify music, changing genres, adding stars, if I had more versions of the same song, heard which sounds better, etc, etc.
Very often when the song is finished or when I push the icon for "next song" the MM freeze, usually the song continuing playing but the next song never plays. I can't heard more than 3 or 4 songs that the app is freezing.
I buyed the Pro Licence in the early release, and when is working is the best app in my phone.....
I tried differents setting and nothing works.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Please update to build 1076--it should resolve the problem. Let us know if not.

-Rusty
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

It hasn't resolved it for me, I'm still having the same problem regularly after editing tags
mephiska

Post by mephiska »

ok, I will try 1076, I could find that the issue is when I edited the properties of the song, changing genres is mostly what i do, if i just add clasifications(stars) works fine.
mephiska

Post by mephiska »

Hi, it's not solved, I sent logs with ID BZC4KPFJPK. Same issue, Sometimes I could heard 3 songs, normally no more than 2, after editing the properties, when I selected then next song, the app don't do it, the same song continue playing, and when finish to play the current song, I just have silent in the headphones. I can interact with MMA but some options shows wait, and can't restore de music until I closed the app.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi, I believe that exactly this behavior is fixed in the newest build 2.0.0.1077.