MM5 Six Years On...

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

singingwolf

MM5 Six Years On...

Post by singingwolf »

It was 6 years ago this week that the first pre-release version of MM5 was dropped.

MM4 was such a great release (and still is), expectations were high.

However, for me at least, it never exuded the confidence needed to use it as my main media management tool.

This week the latest version dropped, so I thought I would give it another spin. Still buggy (for me) so will stick to MM4 for another year.

Folders that are removed from the drive can't be removed from the MM5 database, access violations for the f_flac_codec.dll and other issues.

I am not sure why MM5 is so much harder to get right. Maybe it was the re-write in chromium. Not sure. I want MM5 to get to the same level of solidness of MM4 so bad. Luckily MM4 is still my daily driver, with lyrics working again and all is good.
Lowlander

Re: MM5 Six Years On...

Post by Lowlander »

1) Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5?

2) How can't folders be removed?

3) What are you doing when you get the f_flac_codec.dll errors?
singingwolf

Post by singingwolf »

Hi Lowlander

Build is 5.0.4.2690

The folders were created about a year ago and removed from the drive above a year ago.

I normally right click a folder in MM and click remove from library. I don't even get a confirmation window - it just does nothing.

I even added the folder back in the location, changed its name (which was reflected in MM5), then removed it and still there.

I also tried a add/rescan of the directory - no dice.

The .dll errors - I was just browsing folders.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Where exactly in MediaMonkey are you deleting the folders. Please be as precise as possible to attempt to reproduce.
singingwolf

Post by singingwolf »

Entire Library > Location > M: Music > HD Music

On the left bar which above has the All Tracks, Albums etc.

I right click on impacted folder, then click remove.

On folders that are OK, I get a dialogue around Library or Library & PC but no such dialogue on this folder.

I have also tried right clicking on the folder above and clicking Add/Rescan files to the Library.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Could you please open eSupport ticket ( https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ ) and share your database with us for analyzing? Plus note which exact folder is the "impacted" folder?
To locate your database file (MM5.DB) see https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ini-files/

Thanks!
singingwolf

Post by singingwolf »

sure, will do.

Cheers!