Playback looping for files played from network under network load

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

CrashMonkey

Playback looping for files played from network under network load

Post by CrashMonkey »

Reading this; https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20939

@lowlander

Got the same issue sometimes, but usally the NAS is too bizy. To many disk operation at the same time, increasing disk latency, and headers moving to much. Your suggestions are good, no need to play the loop sound, as that is a bit irritating.

If you know where the load comes from. you can use Qualty of Service, or file transfer speed limits on your NAS to limit some of the other file transfers, so mediamonkey audio gets more disk time.

For example i have limited my PC/Laptops backup syncronisations to 10mb per/sec the rest is for normal use etc. This lowers the write/seek times on NAS, allowing other disk operations to have more time to complete. This way i don't have the loop sound.

Do you also have VM's on your nas? That can also slow them down good, or some big applications(web) packages, that are indexing data on nas etc etc.
rusty

Re: Playback looping for files played from network under network load

Post by rusty »

This should be fixed in the next build (3029) for WASAPI. Can you confirm that it works for you?

Thanks!

-Rusty