MM4 Auto-Tag from Filename - help with mask?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DavidRTurner2

MM4 Auto-Tag from Filename - help with mask?

Post by DavidRTurner2 »

I've recently added my video library to MM4.
My TV shows are consistently named, but I'm running into one issue with the Auto-Tag from Filename.

Sample:
Young Sheldon (2017) S06E09 -- College Dropouts and the Medford Miracle [2023-01-05] (1A,0S) [Comedy, Family]
Mask:
<Series> S<Season#>E<Episode#> -- <Title> [<Date>] (<Custom 1>) [<Genre>]

Issue:
I want to include the year in the Series field - i.e. "Young Sheldon (2017)".
But my mask, which looks for the Season# after an "S", stops when a Series includes an "S" name.
It pulls in only "Young " as the Series, then ignores the season/episode because that mask is not matched, and then the Title & beyond is OK.
Any Series without an "S" word, works fine.

I've gotten used to running the Auto-Tag twice; once with this mask, and then again with a different mask to fix the incomplete Series names. But I'd like to find a fix for this.

I need the mask to have the Series field look for any character string, which will always have "(something)" after its name, but before the Season/Episode.
Essentially, the fix could be - for the <Series> field:
Mark everything from field start, to the character string ") S", and then add on the character string ") S".

Any help appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: MM4 Auto-Tag from Filename - help with mask?

Post by Lowlander »

Unfortunately due to the lack of a delimiter in the filename between Series and Season there is no solution for this.
DavidRTurner2

Re: MM4 Auto-Tag from Filename - help with mask?

Post by DavidRTurner2 »

Hmmm... I thought that might be the answer; I have tried everything I can think of up to now.

I did test adding a delimiter between the right-bracket and the Season tag; worked fine.
But I didn't want to have that in there if avoidable. Old habits die hard.

OK, I'll stick it back into the names, and just accept it for now. I can bulk rename the library easily.
Thanks much.
Last edited by DavidRTurner2 on Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.