Playlists replaced or deleted

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Florent8931

Playlists replaced or deleted

Post by Florent8931 »

Hello everyone,
I updated MMA on my Android phone and all my playlists have been replaced with old ones, and some (those created recently) have even disappeared.
I’ve searched for them in the file explorer but can’t seem to find them.
Could you possibly help me?
Thank you!
Peke

Re: Playlists replaced or deleted

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We have never seen that nor any user reported previously.

On a simple update there should be no reason to loose playlists as Database is not touched by update.

Are you sure that no restore app has done something?

I hope you can resync them from MM5.

We would be more than interested if you are able to replicate, but for start what is the device in question and what android version it runs (custom or stock).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Florent

Post by Florent »

Thanks Peke for your answer. Android version of my Galaxy S20 is v.13.

I saw the playlists have been deleted or modified just after upgrading MMA, when I restarted it. However, I haven't changed the location of my music files, so I don't understand either...

Is it possible that MMA save playlists under an extension other than .m3u ?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Make sure you are applied for MMA beta as some permission changes due teh Google request is done on devices with Android 13/14.
Florent wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 pm I saw the playlists have been deleted or modified just after upgrading MMA, when I restarted it. However, I haven't changed the location of my music files, so I don't understand either...
It is very possible that M3U files are cleared by OS on MMA upgrade (we have seen taht and that is why watch changes in other apps is disabled by default) or some internal cleaners some manufacturers use in order to "speedup device".
Florent wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 pm Is it possible that MMA save playlists under an extension other than .m3u ?
No, m3u is used defacto standard format for past 30 years. Why you need other format of playlists?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts