2 Bugs V1.1B1.295

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mwtheobald

2 Bugs V1.1B1.295

Post by mwtheobald »

I love this software, great concept. But I found the following two bugs in version 1.1 Build 1.295
System: Win2000

1. When I "ripped" a cd the track order, year and genre are not filled out in the database. Not sure if this is missing information from FreeDB (track order HAS to be there at least) or you are just not passing the info into the MP3id/database.

2. When in the computer tree, after selecting a sub-directory and right clicking then selecting scan path, the entire tree for that drive changed to "D:\". Collapsing and re-expanding the tree fixed the problem, of course it's not re-creatable :(

Is there a manual/helpfile someplace? I may just be stupid but it took me quite a while to figure out how to rip a CD to mp3's. There is no "write songs using selected encoding" from a pop-up menu.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks for your report.

1. If you had executed Freedb query and year and genre fields were not there, then I suppose there had not been filled in Freedb (these two fields are quite new and not all CDs have them filled). However you are right that track orders must be there. Let me know please, if it doesn't work for all your CDs or if there is a problem with just one CD (you can use e-mail if you want).

2. Quite strange, if you have any additional information please let me know. I plan to improve the tree soon (to use a different component) and it will hopefully solve all possible problems.

Unfortunately there is currently no help file. I would like to create one soon, but there is a problem that I don't have enough free time now. Actually, if there is anybody reading this, who would like to write some, it would be great! BTW, english is not my native language (as you can see :-?) and so someone with better knowledge would be useful.

And that ripping: Yes, things like that should be described somewhere. Audio track are handled the same way as other songs are and that could be a bit confusing, but when you learn this fact, I think you find it useful.
mwtheobald

Post by mwtheobald »

1. I have tried other cd's and the same problem exists. I feel that maybe I am ripping these CD's incorrectly for your program to pass the information on. Here is my procedure, please correct :)
1.1 goto Treeview->Computer->pick CD drive->scan path (this was the only way I could get the query function to be enabled)
1.2 goto Treeview->Database->pick the now listed AudioCD->query the selected CD from FreeDB
1.3 goto Treeview->Database->pick the now correctly labelled CD (with correct year, genre, track order, etc.)->click "Write songs using selected encoding" from toolbar
1.4 after encoding, goto Treeview->Computer->pick directory where songs were ripped to->scan path (so the ripped files were listed in the database)
I am guessing that when ripping you are not writing the year,genre,order to the MP3 idTag. Thus when I do the scan (1.4) it doesn't have that information to put in the database. I must be doing something wrong.

2. Seems to only happen once, if you do a scan immediately after starting the software. I believe it is repeatable this way, will test if I get a chance but as you say things will be changing next version.

3. New bug :) I cannot drag and drop entries from the songs list to a playlist entry. But I can use copy and paste fine.
Error that is displayed is "Access Violation at Address 005BC369 in Module 'Songs-DB.exe'. Read of address 00000008."
jiri

Post by jiri »

1. In the next release each converted song will be automatically added to the database and also tagged, so I thing the problem will be solved. Also freedb will be accessed automatically after scanning a new CD (when turned on in setup dialog).

2. I'll try to reproduce this, no success yet.

3. Oh, you are right, something has changed and drag and drop stopped working. The correction will be in the next release.